Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Air guard


So I was on my way back from another base today and the guys in the Stryker asked me if I wanted to pull air guard duty. Air guard is where you stand up through the hatch with your gun and watch for people trying to ambush you. So I said would but I needed a weapon. So one of the guys handed me his M4 and I got to pull air guard duty. It was fun, I didn't get to shoot anything but I can see how this gets boring after about the first week. Here is a picture. In the bottom left corner you can see the sight of my M4, Under my helmet is the noise canceling headset and microphone to talk to everyone else in the truck. And of course my body armor.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If not getting to shoot anything is boring...boring is good!!!! SAy after me, Brad,....boring is good....I like boring...just keep repeating that until you believe it. Ok????